Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2 Cup Coffee Days

Today was a two-cups-of-coffee-day. Normal for Wednesday, right? I don't know what was wrong with me, but I could not for the life of me stay focused.


My HGTV Desk :: UGA Tumbler

So, every single day, I do the just about the exact same thing. I wake up. I work out. I get ready. I eat yogurt. I drive to work. The second I'm at work, the first thing I do is grab my University of Georgia tumbler and walk to the far end of HGTV. Why do I walk all the way to the far end of my wing rather than step outside my door to get coffee? It's a secret. You see, some people are satisfied by the single-cup coffee maker in the main kitchen area. And I was for the first two weeks of work-- until I discovered the "other" kitchen. Few people venture that far, but those who do find it completely worth the walk.

Ok, it's not really that big of a deal, but there's a Starbuck's coffee machine down there. And that's exactly what I get every single morning, tired or not. If you knew me in high school, you understand I'm a bit compulsive about things sometimes, and this is one of those patterns that I simply enjoy.

For now, I'm working on building up the courage to talk to the other people brewing coffee. I've chimed in a few times, but not too much. But the second I hear HGTV coffee gossip, you all will be the first to hear.

Are you all as obsessed with routine as I am? What do you love doing that you'll never stop...just because?

3 comments:

Mullen said...

I'm also a fan of routine. Then it's more fun to do random, spontaneous things because you're breaking a routine to do it.
My current routine is boring and it revolves around o-chem, but it's dependable and I can rely on it.
But if we want to stick to coffee-related routines, then I have a two-cups-in-the-morning habit, and a one-cup-of-tea-in-the-afternoon habit. It's lovely.
You're awesome Swil. And your tumbler is, too!

Amber said...

I spent all this time writing a comment last night and then blogger did something goofy and wouldn't let me post it.....grrrrr.

I'll just say, when I worked, my routing was to turn on my computer, tune in to internet radio, then head downstairs to a little shop on the first floor of our building and get my morning Diet Coke. Of course, once I got pregnant, it wasn't so much a morning routine as a weekly/bi-weekly routine. And that's where my love of Diet Coke started.

Amber said...

By the way, I'm excited to see the Nurseries/Kid's room listed under "Shabby Chic" on July 15.